For the producer of packaging materials particularly, in the sensitive perishable food and medical sectors, a number of attributes have to be embodied in the product according to the demands of the applications :
- Interlayer adhesion
- Heat seal-ability: no leakers.
- Machine-ability: high speed packaging
- Surface properties: easily printable
- Physical strength: impact and puncture resistance
- Balanced properties in the machine and transverse directions of the film
- Controlled moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR)
- Controlled oxygen transmission rate (OTR)
- Product resistance to acids, alcohols, vegetable oils etc.
- No loss of nutrients, aroma and moisture
- Heat sterilize-able (optional)
- Opaqueness to UV light to reduce rancidity
LAMEX series of extrusion coating and lamination lines are designed for absolute ease of operation and are available in a host of configurations to suit individual customer's requirements for width range from 800 – 1600 mm, line speed from 250-400 m/min for coating & lamination of various substrates like CPP/BOPET/BOPP/LDPE and sealant films with a range of polymers – PP, LLDPE, LDPE, EVA, EMA and other exotic polymers.
LamEX lines are offered with different configurations of Mono-Extrusion Coating, Lamination Coating, Co - Extrusion Coating, Tandem or multistage extrusion coating. The extrusion coating process is an excellent method to combine a thin polymer layer, typically polyethylene with polyester, biaxially oriented polypropylene, paper based materials and aluminum foil.
- Extrusion coating and laminating of film, paper and aluminum foils
- Surface treatment by corona treating, chemical priming
- Processing capabilities for LDPE, LLDPE, lonomer, PP, EVA, EMA, EVOH and others exotic polymers
- Single and tandem automatic die stations, with or without co-extrusion
- Co-extrusion using universal feed-block technology
- Extruder size selected to meet process requirements for output and coating thickness
- Aseptic packaging
- Paper cup and plate stock
- Decorative boxes
- Cigarette boxes
- Milk and juice cartons
- PET food boxes
- Snack food bags
- Medical packaging
- Condiment packs
- Soup sachets
- Woven sacks
To meet the principal application of extrusion coating / lamination while mono Extruder is good enough, but for flexibility to play with various polymers, co-Extruders are more useful. Co-extruders save material cost and also play an important role in enhancing barrier properties of coated films.